The increasingly sophisticated laws that manage our environment demand specialist advice.
We have a strong team of highly-respected environmental law specialists who can help you with:
- The acquisition of consents, approvals, consents, licenses and compliance under resource management, local government and other related legislation
- Advice on large land and resort development projects, including Millbrook Resort, Pegasus Town and numerous Southern Lakes District developments
- Rural residential living developments. A recent project is Hillend Station Farm Park Development (described as a model for future developments combining rural residential living with farm development and ecological restoration)
- Crown Pastoral Land Act and Tenure Review negotiations (including valuation issues)
- Electricity line company and electricity generating requirements
- Establishment of irrigation companies, obtaining associated water and land use consents, and easement and encumbrance documentation
- Department of Conservation concessions
- Airport planning (Queenstown, Nelson, Invercargill and the Omarama airports)
- Port planning and noise management issues
- Land compensation claims under the Public Works Act
- Designations for public utilities
- Mining and resource development, and
- Investment in New Zealand and Overseas Investment Office approvals
If you’d like to know more about our expertise in this field, or how we can help you, please contact one of our team or complete the form below.