Buying, selling, leasing and developing commercial property involves taking a number of practical, legal and financial issues into account. The experience, connections and the local knowledge of our team will provide you with the expertise you need for a successful outcome.
Our team can help you with:
- Advising on all aspects of commercial property sale and purchase, and leasing
- Specialist advice on residential and commercial subdivisions, and project management
- Advice on development and subdivision finance
- Assisting in and facilitating financing, including GST and tax considerations, securities, appropriate legal structures, unit titling and property management
- Addressing and obtaining all required resource, and local and territorial authority, consents and building approval, and ensuring statutory compliance
- Specialist advice on Securities Act issues for developers
- Advising private companies and equity investors in the acquisition of aged care facilities and their financing, and
- Development of estate and asset plans for commercial property investors
For many people, the buying or selling of your home is the most significant financial transaction of your life. However, the process is not as straightforward as it looks and it’s essential that you have professional independent advice from the start.
Berry & Co’s specialist residential property teams in our Oamaru, Queenstown and Invercargill offices will work with you to ensure the transaction goes smoothly.
We can help you with:
- Recommending the most advantageous ownership structure to protect your home, such as joint ownership, tenants in common, or perhaps a family trust
- Advising on relationship property implications
- Contract negotiation and advice including preparation of the Agreement for Sale & Purchase
- Property due diligence advice on issues such as title encumbrances and easements, advising on LIM Reports and property inspection reports, and
- Financing advice, including preparation and advice on bank securities
If you’d like to know more about our expertise in this field, or how we can help you, please contact one of our team or complete the form below.